As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Fulton #ad
Carpentry and Construction, Furniture, Fulton 6 inch Long Forstner Bit Extension for Adding Over 5-5/8 inches of Drilling Depth to Your Forstner Bit. for Wood Turners #adFulton #ad
- Please note that some forstner bit manufacturers produce bits that say 3/8 inch shank size when in fact they are not. This means the set screws may protrude outwardly from the collet. The extension can be used with forstner bits on drill presses, lathes with a drill chuck installed drill chuck not included or with a power drill.
The collet inside diameter is 3/8 inch. The reason this is important is that as we mentioned earlier, some bits may have slightly different shank sizes. The forstner bit extender is made from solid, heavy duty machined steel. The forstner bit extension gives you additional 5-5/8 inches of reach to bore deeper into your projects.
The minimum size hole this extension will allow you to drill is 13/16 inch. The collet outside diameter is 25/32 inch without the set screws protruding outward. This tolerance is very tight and designed to accept forstner bits with shank sizes of 3/8 inch or slightly smaller.
To remedy this issue we have developed a heavy duty steel extension that allows you to secure a 3/8 inch shank forstner bit into the end collet. It is designed to be used with forstner bits only. Contractors use the extension when they need to bore deep holes for running cables or wires and they also use it for joining larger timbers. This will help you create larger diameter starter holes or help when you need to drill in just a little further than the standard bit length will allow.
2. Fulton #ad
Fulton 10 inch Long Forstner Bit Extension for Adding Over 8" of Drilling Depth to Your Forstner Bit Ideal for Wood Turners Furniture Carpentry and Construction 3/8 inch Collet #adFulton #ad
- Drilling with forstner bits to achieve a flat bottom hole or to start a deep hole turning project like on a larger vase or vessel is essentially impossible with a standard length forstner bit. This will help you create larger diameter starter holes or help when you need to drill in just a little further than the standard bit length will allow.
It is designed to be used with forstner bits only. This tolerance is very tight and designed to accept forstner bits with shank sizes of 3/8 inch or slightly smaller. The minimum size hole this extension will allow you to drill is 13/16 inch.
Contractors use the extension when they need to bore deep holes for running cables or wires and they also use it for joining larger timbers. However, the extension works exceptionally well for projects like salt shakers, pepper mills or even wood turned beverage mugs.
The collet outside diameter is 25/32 inch without the set screws protruding outward. To remedy this issue we have developed an extra long, heavy duty steel extension that allows you to secure a 3/8 inch shank forstner bit into the end collet. If you measure your bit shank and it is 3/8 inch, your bit should fit once the set screws are loosened. The collet inside diameter is 3/8 inch. One of the most common uses for the forstner bit extension is for woodturners who need to bore out starter holes on larger vessels.
3. IVY Classic #ad
IVY Classic 46152 4-Inch Forstner Bit Extension, High Carbon Steel, 1/Tube #adIVY Classic #ad
- To fasten the shank in place, use the hex key to tighten these screws. Extends any forstner shank bit an additional 4 inches, Swift Bore Registered Trademark.
Two set screws and hex key included. Ideal for use with any 3/8" shank bit. Shank: 3/8-inch, length: 4-inch. High-carbon steel construction, precision ground and polished.
4. Century Drill & Tool #ad
Century Drill & Tool 38112 12" Ship Auger Extension, 3/8" Shank #adCentury Drill & Tool #ad
- 12" length. Securely grips ship auger drill bits for extended length. Extension’s shank fits ½" drill chucks. For use with ship auger bits with 3/8” hex shanks.
5. MLCS #ad
MLCS 9270H 5-Inch Long Forstner Bit Extender with Hex Shank #adMLCS #ad
- High quality Steel. Drill flat Bottom Holes. Item package dimension: 5. 0" l x 1. 0" w x 1. 0" h. Non slip Hex Shank.
6. Peachtree Woodworking Supply #ad
Carpentry and Construction Use 10" x 3/8" Extension for 3/8" Forstner Bits, 10” Long Forstner Bit Extension for Adding Over 8" of Drilling Depth to Your Forstner Bit. for Wood Turners, Furniture #adPeachtree Woodworking Supply #ad
- To be certain, please make sure your bits fall into the correct socket size before purchasing. Worse yet, even with a standard length extension you’ll probably only add about 3” of depth to your bit. The extension also works great for rustic furniture, joining wide timbers, wooden beverage mugs and even works great on things like turned kaleidoscopes.
The 10” forstner bit extensions are available in two different shank diameters: 3/8” and ½”. 10” long by 3/8” extension has an inner diameter of 3/8” and an outer diameter of ¾” and works with bits 25/32” in diameter or larger. This is often not enough of a depth for many of your projects and it can get quite frustrating without the proper tools.
The 10” forstner bit extensions are made from heavy duty solid machined steel and feature a 3/16” thick socket wall to firmly hold the bits in place. This means that the 3/8” extension will accept 3/8” shank forstner bits while the ½” extension will accept ½” shank forstner bits.
The extensions will work with hex shank or round shank forstner bits. With the 10” long forstner bit extension you can now add over 8” of extra drilling depth to your current forstner bits! That alone makes this extension especially ideal for woodturners when having to hollow out large vessels or objects like salt and pepper shakers. Unlike other brands of forstner bit extensions, this extension is non proprietary so they will work with most any brand of forstner bit. Can be used with hand drill as well.
7. Taytools #ad
Taytools 774403 6-3/4 inch Round Shank Forstner Drill Bit Extension for 3/8 Inch Round or Hex Shafts #adTaytools #ad
- Note: will fit auger bits. Made from precision machined steel. Contains two set screws for a secure grip on bits. This round shank forstner bit extension will extend the reach of any Forstner bit 3/4 inch and larger with a 3/8” hex or round shank.
Overall length 6-3/4 inches and adds up to 5-5/8 inches of drilling depth. Hole opening is. 375 inches and hole depth 1-3/8 inches. Can be used in a hand drill, drill press or lathe. Hex wrench included.
8. Alfa Tools #ad
Alfa Tools FB61492 3/8 x 5 1/8" Forstner Bit Extension #adAlfa Tools #ad
- Premium quality design. 5-1/8-inch overall Length, 3/8-inch Shank. Forstner Bit Extension Shank. 3/8-inch barrel Inside Diameter. Quantity - 1 per Pack.
|Brand||Alfa Tools #ad|
|Manufacturer||Alfa Tools #ad|
9. Alfa Tools #ad
Alfa Tools FB61493 3/8 x 9 7/8" Forstner Bit Extension #adAlfa Tools #ad
- Quantity - 1 per Pack. Premium quality design. Forstner Bit Extension Shank. 9-7/8-inch overall Length, 3/8-inch Shank. 3/8-inch barrel Inside Diameter.
|Brand||Alfa Tools #ad|
|Manufacturer||Alfa Tools #ad|
10. WOODRIVER #ad
3/8" x 4", Forstner Bit Extension #adWOODRIVER #ad
- Socket accepts forstner bits with 3/8” diameter shanks. Designed for use with WoodRiver forstner bits only. Forstner bit held in extension socket with two set screws - 3/8” diameter drive shank allows use of multiple extensions.
Woodriver is proudly made by woodcraft, kits, america’s leading supplier of saws, dust collection and more.
Our award winning family of brands includes woodriver, Woodcraft and Woodcraft Magazine as well as the greatest selection of woodworking books, wood, hand tools, power tools, wood stain and paint, sanding, Highpoint, routers, videos, planes, and plans. Extension adds 4” to length of forstner bit.
|Manufacturer||Woodcraft Supply #ad|